Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Naughty Nursery Rhyme?

Like many parents, when my son was just a baby, I would read him nursery rhymes. We had a book full of them that we would choose from. There was one in there that I had never heard before. It is called, "I Love Little Pussy." Have you heard of this? I had to look it up and found that it dated from the 1830's. It is in fact a legitimate nursery rhyme. Who came up with this? If you have read it, you know that it sounds dirty. If you haven't, here it is.


I love little pussy,
Her coat is so warm,

And if I don't hurt her,
She'll do me no harm.
So I'll not pull her tail,
nor drive her away,
But pussy and I,
Very gently will play.

I'll sit by the fire
and give her some food
and Pussy will love me
because I am good.

Obviously this is from an older generation. Talking about pussy's warm coat. Of course they didn't have modern grooming techniques (Brazilian wax jobs) back then. So pussy was a little furry. I think the moral of this nursery rhyme is to treat your pussy nice. Don't abuse it, be gentle, and you will enjoy your pussy's company for many years.

No comments:

Post a Comment